Physiotherapists are key members of the Highmark Health’s clinical team. Our Physiotherapists are licensed healthcare providers who provide services to patients that develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability following an injury.
Physiotherapists are qualified to:
- Undertake a comprehensive assessment of the patient;
- Evaluate the findings from the assessment to make clinical judgments regarding the patient’s injury and areas of challenge;
- Formulate a diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan;
- Provide consultation within their expertise in the multidisciplinary clinical team collaborating in patient treatment at Highmark;
- Determine the outcomes of any interventions/treatments; and
- Make recommendations for self-management.
Our Physiotherapist’s extensive knowledge of the body, and its movement needs and potential, is central to determining strategies for diagnosis and intervention. At Highmark our Physiotherapists have completed additional manual therapy courses along with certifications in acupuncture, active release techniques® (ART®) and performance taping.